Today we're talking Heat Transfer Vinyl (HTV)! HTV is an iron on vinyl that's used to make clothing, hats, etc! Many people use a heat press.... but a traditional household iron on the highest setting will also do the trick in a pinch!
A couple key things to remember when using HTV:
- Make sure your cutting machine is on the "Iron On" Setting, so that it cuts deep enough on the vinyl and leaves your design perfectly!
- Make sure you "mirror" images before you cut so that they transfer the right way onto your clothing item
- SHINY SIDE DOWN on the your cutting mat!
- Make sure to have some sort of "Barrier" between your vinyl and your source of heat. A Teflon sheet works perfect and is re-usable. If you don't have one of those, parchment paper or a thin tea towel will also work!
- If possible, use a Siser Brand Weeding tool! It's quality is amazing, and will help you weed your designs with speed & ease! Find Siser Weeding Tools (which can be used to weed any vinyl, not only HTV) here!
Here at Speedy Vinyl we sell only top quality HTV! We carry Siser, which is one of the most well known brands because of it's high quality! Siser Easyweed is a great vinyl to work with, weeds easy, has a good amount of "built in" stretch, holds up in the wash, and overall looks great!
You can find our Siser Glitter HTV here.
You can find our Siser Regular HTV here.
Sometimes, it can be hard judging colors from sample pictures online! So today I've spent sometime taking "IN REAL LIFE" photos of our most popular colors of Siser Glitter & Regular HTV! Take a peek at what these look like in person! The colors are all gorgeous! Remember, that you are seeing the "Shiny" side! The "Shiny" part is what you peel off after you do your heat press!
I hope that these photos help you pick the perfect color for your next project!
Happy Shopping! We appreciate your business and you giving us the opportunity to serve your vinyl needs!